Thursday 24 April 2014

My first juice cleanse experience


I've been wanting to try a juice cleanse for a longest time now and kept talking about it to everyone how much I felt like I needed one. So finally my mom got one for me as a gift..I really couldn't afford one myself because they are quite pricy. Thank you sooo much mom!!

It was my first time trying out a juice cleanse and it took me a little while to choose which one I would like to do. After reading tons of different reviews and comparing the prices I decided to get the 3 day Explore Cleanse from Fruveju. Their juices flood the cells with vitamins and minerals that gently cleanse and heal your body. The use only organic ingredients and their juices are raw which means they are as clean as a juice can get.

I have to say that I'm really happy with my choice because their juices were delicious and I'm glad about the fact that I didn't get hungry during the cleanse. This was one thing that I was afraid of that I would be starving for three days but that wasn't the case at all.



 
The juices arrived the night before my cleanse started. All I had to do was to put them in my fridge and wait for the morning to start with my cleanse. The juices were numbered so it was easy to keep track which one I would have to drink next.


I'm not going to write what every juice is good for because they have so many good things that they are doing. If interested you can find more info on the Fruveju website. I'm just going to write a little review what I thought about the juices :)

The day starts off with the Pure Greens juice and its also the third juice of the day. It tastes so fresh and is perfect for the morning and I've heard that our bodies take in the green stuff better in the morning. It's also really filling and it is 500ml after all..definitely didn't feel hungry at all during my cleanse. I was actually a little afraid that I would be hungry and wouldn't last the three days but it was easier than I thought. But I did miss biting into some delicious food..that was the hardest part about all of it. At the same time it was a great way to reduce snacking habits.























The second juice of the day was the Watermelime juice..and it was SOO delicious. It was literally gone in seconds! :D But I guess it's kind of given that it would taste good as it tastes exactly like watermelon..and who doesn't like watermelons, right? I thought of this juice as that snack you would be craving before lunch when getting a little hungry already.

After this one came another Pure Greens juice.









The next juice was called the Spicy Lemonade. Reading its ingredients I can honestly say that I wasn't too excited about this one but I was pleasantly surprised how good it actually tasted. And yes it really was spicy, especially if you are like me and usually don't eat a lot of spicy things. But at the same time its taste wasn't too strong so it was super easy to drink it.























Aaand then came the Red Pineapple juice. I have to be honest and say it was my least favourite one. It looks and sounds super good..and actually tastes really good as well as long as I took only few small sips. But I'm pretty sure most people would actually find this one as one of their favourites. I guess the Extend Cleanse they also offer would be better fit for me since they have this juice replaced with the Pure Greens one. But it didn't really matter that I wasn't able to finish all of it every day because I was so full from the previous ones that it probably would have been hard to finish any of them.










By the evening I usually had some room in my stomach again and the day was finished off with delicious and sweet Cashew Milk..I could drink this every day..all day long! :D I just liked it so much and as it was the last juice of the cleanse as well so was really nice end to the cleanse :)




















I'm actually pretty proud of myself that I survived those three days without eating anything else. Before starting I kept telling myself that I can do it but there was still this little doubt in my mind that maybe I would give up before the end. But I have to say, having all this juices ready and waiting for me in the fridge made it so much easier. Because otherwise it would have been so easy just to slip and snack on something instead. I actually didn't feel very good on the first night when I had had all of my juices but I'm pretty sure it's because I didn't even out the juices over the day..so I had to have four of them pretty much one after the other. So I think I was just so full that it made me feel a little sick..like kind of the same when you over eat. This is definitely something to keep in mind when doing the cleanse to make some sort of schedule every morning to plan out when you would be drinking them. It might have also been that I wasn't prepared enough for the cleanse by what I was eating before I started. The next morning I felt good again and continued with my cleanse and the rest of the cleanse went by really good..felt fresher and better by the minute. 

I knew this cleanse would work in means of cleaning out my system and getting rid of all the bad stuff in my body. But at the same time I didn't think there would be any actual changes that I could see. So I was pretty surprised about how soft my skin got in just three days and the same happened to my hair as well. I've always had quite a soft skin on my face but after the cleanse it was just amazing. I also felt really fresh and full of energy which is rather unusual for me but I guess it might be because I've also slept much better after the cleanse. 


I would definitely recommend doing the juice cleanse to everyone, because I do believe our bodies need to be cleaned every now and then. Also, it really does work..you will feel better after it. There is always a choice to make all the juices yourself but I just know that I like food so much that to make sure I would stick to it, it was good to have the juices ready and waiting for me. I know that I will definitely do this again sometime and my pick would be the Fruveju juices again for sure!


Grete
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.