Thursday 27 February 2014

Discovering the Real Food Market

As I've mentioned before I looove markets. So this time I decided to go to the Real Food Market which is at the Southbank Centre just a short walk from the Waterloo station and from the London Eye. This place was seriously just a street food heaven!! It might not be really the largest market in London but it doesn't really matter because there were just so many delicious things every where and of course the location is super good. Also, the atmosphere there felt really good and welcoming. It took me a few rounds to decide what I would like to eat there..and to be honest I actually didn't go there with a plan to eat but just to browse around and take some pics. But once I got there I knew there was no way could resist. The great thing was that most of the vendors offered little bites to taste. It was seriously a party in my mouth! :D and there are so many things that made me want to go back and eat them too in near future. I'm super happy that it is so easy to get there for me so I can really go there whenever I want to. The market is open three days a week, from Friday-Sunday. They will be holding a World Street Food Festival which will take place on Queens Walk from the 18th - 21st April. I know its quite a bit of time until then but literally can't wait for it and hope that I can go there. I'm already sure that it will be just amazing!

And now I'm just going to let the pictures speak for themselves. Looking at them makes me so hungry and I really cannot wait to go back again!! :)

Had a few pieces of this meat to try. It was just so tender and delicious!!
This thing is on my 'To-try' list for sure
Perfect for bringing these home as souvenirs or just as little cute present someone
I actually wanted to buy some of that hummus on the right..but silly me forgot to do that :P
Hopefully will get something from this table too the next time I go there

And after a few rounds and tasting different things I came back to this:

The sauce this chicken was in was just sooo delicous!!!

It was served with some pickles, coleslaw and potatoes that are hiding under the coleslaw. Everything together worked just so well and I totally recommend getting this if you happen to go there :)




Grete
x

No comments: